August is National Wellness month. In honor of National Wellness month, we curated a list of the top ten ways groups can capitalize on our coastal location for a refreshing retreat.
Wellness is more than yoga and meditation, it’s a state of well-being. Long Beach is located 2.5 hours from Portland; 3.5 hours from Seattle in beautiful Washington State. This coastal destination offers over 20 miles of scenic shoreline, accommodations, dining and more. The Long Beach Peninsula is primed to welcome groups for wellness retreats.
- Nature Walks – Take your group on a refreshing walk along the Discovery Trail for spectacular views of the ocean, dunes, and forest. The trail offers a collection of public art and natural beauty. Groups may also see deer, bald eagles, shorebirds and other wildlife on your journey. Additional area trails offer more opportunities for hiking, ocean views, and vistas with two-century-old lighthouses.
- Spa Treatments – Whether it’s a pampering facial or a therapeutic massage, there are two local spas in the area that offer a range of services. And breaking news, the Adrift Hotel is breaking ground and adding a new spa that should be complete sometime in 2019!
- Art soothes the soul. The Long Beach Peninsula has an abundance of local artisans. With advance notice, groups can schedule a variety of demonstrations, classes, and studio tours. Give your group a hands-on experience and a unique souvenir with basket weaving, glass blowing, or painting.
- Fresh Food – When you stay in Long Beach your groups can dine at the source. Fresh locally sourced seafood and produce. Groups can dine in award-winning restaurants, schedule catered meals at the beach, or forest. (Ragan do any of the farms you have in the area have seating for a catered dinner)
- Yoga – Hire a professional yoga instructor for a session on the beach or other location. We know people that can bring the studio to you!
- Meditation – Get your group feeling centered and more relaxed. Whether your group wants self-guided meditation along the beach or a guided meditation at the Sou’wester or Port of Ilwaco wellness facility.
- Fitness – Surf lessons at Skookum Surf provides the equipment and instructor your group will need to have a fun and safe experience on the water. Kayaks and canoes can also be rented.
- Cultural Connections – See the land through tribal eyes. Visit the oldest registered village on Peninsula for a presentation on oysters and their connection to the Native Peoples.
- Play Like a Kid Again – let the power of play bring a smile to your group. Build sandcastles on the beach. Play games at Funland, ride the carousel, race go-karts or have a miniature golf tournament. Or take a swing at one of the two golf courses on the peninsula. Peninsula Golf and Surfside Gold both offer group tee-times.
- Go for a Ride – Enjoy the scenery on a guided horseback tour. Or bike the trails, Affordable Mopeds is a local company that rents bicycles and mopeds to groups.
Long Beach loves groups! To contact our local expert for complimentary concierge-style services and group tour planning assistance click here.