Groups that like spooky tours can explore “haunted places” in the peninsula.
- The Graveyard of the Pacific, pro tip the most dramatic time for a spooky tour is during storm season
- North Head Lighthouse, ask about the ghost of Mary Pesonen
- Shelburne Hotel
- Lighthouse Ocean Resort, walk along the older cabins at night and keep an eye out for specters
- Rod’s Lamplighter Restaurant and Lounge, ask about the ghost of Louie the former owner
- Sou’wester Historic Lodge
- Shakti Cove Cottages
- Knappton Cove Heritage Center
For more details on these locations check out this helpful round-up article. Still, want to get into the spirit? Pick up a copy of the book “Ghost Stories of the Long Beach Peninsula” by author Sydney Stevens. An additional option is to schedule, weather permitting, a catered meal on the beach with a local historian narrating the shipwreck history. Contact Ragan Myers, Tourism and Event Coordinator for Long Beach Package Travel for complimentary concierge-style assistance with finding group lodging, dining, and shuttle.